Two fires, one in a home in Lakatamia and another in a shack in a secluded area near the village of Klirou, were put out by the Fire Service on Friday night.
According to the Fire Service, shortly after 10pm Friday, it was notified of a fire that destroyed a shack in an orchard in the Klirou area.
The shack, which was furnished and had kitchen appliances inside, had been used occasionally by the owner to tend to his animals and trees.
The Fire Service said that the fire, which completely destroyed the structure, had been set the previous night.
It identified the cause as arson.
Meanwhile, at around 10:30am Friday, the Fire Service was also notified of a fire in a two-floor residence in Lakatamia, dispatching two fire engines to the scene.
The fire was put out at 2pm.
It was found to have broken out due to electrical problems with the bedroom air-conditioner.
Although a 16-year-old boy had been outside the house when the fire started, the Fire Service said, no one’s safety was threatened by the fire.