TWO TEENAGERS, members of an organised group, were remanded in custody for eight days on Saturday in connection with a couple of violent muggings that took place in Kato Paphos, police said.
A spokesman said this was the fifth gang broken by police in the past two months.
The two, aged 16 and 17-years-old, were arrested following a tip-off linking them to a couple of muggings that took place in July and earlier this month, Paphos police spokesman Nicos Tsiappis said.
He added that police were seeking two more suspects.
“It is the fifth organised group involved in similar offences that was dismantled by police in the past two months in Paphos,” Tsiappis said. “Police will continue its efforts to prevent and combat crime, always with the help of the public.”
The spokesman said the suspects’ method of operation was the same in all cases – they located people who had been drinking in bars in Kato Paphos and attacked them in certain locations where it was dark.
Tsiappis said they both admitted involvement in one case while one confessed to taking part in both muggings.