Cyprus Mail
Main

Supermarket fire

A FIRE started by a short-circuit at a Smart supermarket in Mesogi in Paphos yesterday caused damage worth over €100,000, the fire service said.

The fire started at around 3.50am yesterday morning, mobilising seven fire service vehicles and 16 fire-fighters to extinguish the blaze, some of whom were off duty at the time, said fire service spokesman Charalambos Mouskos.

The fire was confined to the supermarket’s store room, but the smoke caused damage to a number of products, Mouskos said.

Related Posts

Moldova accuses Russia of energy blackmail, ‘ready for any scenario’

Reuters News Service

Daily News Briefing

Staff Reporter

Ukraine vows to repair shattered rail network to reconnect retaken towns

Reuters News Service

Why some Iranians want their own country banned from World Cup

Reuters News Service

Brazil’s Bolsonaro avoids concession to Lula, but transition to begin

Reuters News Service

Cyprus Business Now

Kyriacos Nicolaou