Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Woman critical after gas heater fire

A 68-year-old woman is in a critical condition with second degree burns after her couch caught fire due to its close proximity to a gas heater.

According to police, the fire started at around 8.30pm on Friday in the living room of a house in Peristerona village in the Nicosia district where a mother and daughter live.

The cause of the fire was a gas heater that was situated too close to the couch, setting it alight. The fire service was able to put out the fire, while the 68-year-old woman and her 38-year-old daughter were taken to Nicosia general hospital for treatment.

The daughter was given first aid and released while the 68-year-old is on a ventilator in the intensive care unit, having suffered second degree burns. Her condition is considered serious.

 

Related Posts

Coronavirus: Sick child in jab row will be taken to Greece (Updated)

Gina Agapiou

Coronavirus: Two deaths, 2,587 people test positive on Friday (Updated)

Nick Theodoulou

February brings with it a range of weekend events

Eleni Philippou

Public finances can withstand support to struggling companies, Fiscal Council says

Source: Cyprus News Agency

Anastasiades will back Neophytou in presidential elections, has dig at Pamborides

Staff Reporter

Only one third of internet users in Cyprus read through privacy policy statements

Anna Savva

2 comments

Comments are closed.