A BRITISH mother of two who was badly burnt in a house fire at her home in Peyia has died.
Toni Seago, 46, suffered third degree burns to 40 per cent of her body when a blaze broke out in one of the bedrooms on January 6.
Family friend John McGee told the Cyprus Mail: “Sadly Toni died on Wednesday in hospital as a result of the injuries she suffered during the fire.”
Following the blaze, Seago was rushed to Paphos general hospital and later transferred to Nicosia due to the severity of her injuries. She had recently been brought out of a medically-induced coma.
A fundraising event due to take place on Sunday, March 15, from 6.30pm at Neo’s in Peyia will go ahead, according to McGee, with all of the funds being given to Seago’s two children.
The children aged seven and nine, were not injured in the fire and have since moved to the UK and are being cared for by their grandmother and uncle. The children had been living with their mother after their father was killed in a traffic accident.
Tickets are available from Neo’s (Tel. 26622900), PAWS dog shelter, The Mill (26621550) and Here and Now.