Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Third death from H1N1

A third person has died from HIN1 flu since the beginning of the year, and six news cases of the virus have emerged in the last 15 days, the health services said on Tuesday.

Last month the services confirmed two deaths in Cyprus from the virus. The two were among 20 serious incidents of H1N1 flu recorded since January 1. Another six cases have now been added to the toll.

As in the previous two deaths, a health official told the Cyprus News Agency on Tuesday that the third victim had already been in poor health with pre-existing medical conditions.

Also known as swine flu, H1N1 is a relatively new strain of influenza that was responsible for a flu pandemic during 2009-2010.

Its symptoms are the same as those of the seasonal flu.



Related posts

Coronavirus: 113 new cases, FM self isolating

Nick Theodoulou

Okypy defends its decision to join Oev

Evie Andreou

Man fined €8,500 after duty free tobacco found

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: High number of cases in Kyperounta cancels church service

Jonathan Shkurko

British navy trialling drones off Cyprus coast

Nick Theodoulou

Controversial local artist turns to Anastasiades

Evie Andreou

4 comments

Comments are closed.