The House Ethics Committee decided on Wednesday not to publish the names of people and companies which transferred cash abroad in the days before a decision to seize bank deposits and while the island’s banking system went into lockdown after that decision was made.
The decision was taken by majority vote.
Chairman Demetris Syllouris said the committee wanted to give time to the Central Bank governor to process the data.
He said the committee will carry out a more in-depth study of the information in its possession and decide by the end of June.
The lists are included in a findings report drafted by the committee following an 18-month investigation into the collapse of the economy.
They include thousands of names of people and companies that transferred funds abroad before a controversial deposit seizure last year and during a bank lockdown after the decision was made on March 15.