TWO high ranking British bases officials were released on Wednesday after being held and questioned earlier in the day for an alleged case of phone tapping, state broadcaster CyBC said.
They were stopped outside the gate on their way out of the National Guard headquarters (GEEF) in Nicosia, the report said.
The two suspects claimed they were invited by a high ranking army officer because he had suspected that his office was being tapped.
A tapping monitoring device was found in their car and their claims are being investigated by the police.
The government was notified of the incident.
Police did not confirm the information.