The department of labour inspection on Tuesday issued a warning to the public about certain brands of super glue on the market that were a hazard to consumers.
Both brands contained more than the acceptable limits of chloroform, an announcement said.
The first product, named RAPIDE, comes in a blue tube with a red cap. The second VitaFix Super Glue, comes in an orange tube with a yellow cap
“Chloroform is classified as toxic and if inhaled, swallowed or someone has prolonged exposure to it, there is a risk of serious damage to health,” the labour inspection department said.
The public is advised that if they come across either of the two products to notify the department on Tel: 22405637, 22405611 or 22405609.