Cyprus Mail
World

Madrid’s Atocha evacuated after false bomb threat-police

Madrid’s Atocha main train station, the scene of a 2004 bomb attack which killed nearly 200 people, was evacuated on Friday after a bomb warning that turned out to be false.
A man on a commuter train had been threatening to blow up himself, and another passenger pulled the emergency brake, a spokeswoman for the Spanish police said. The police said he had no bomb.
Train services were temporarily suspended and will resume shortly. The man was being held for questioning, she said.
A series of bombs planted on Madrid trains by violent Islamists killed 191 people in March 2004.

Related Posts

Russia’s Lavrov calls for efforts to protect international laws

Russian advance on Ukraine’s Donetsk region thwarted so far

Reuters News Service

Support ebbs for Johnson as more British ministers quit

Reuters News Service

Pilot strike grounds more SAS flights, delays at Frankfurt airport will not end soon

New UK finance minister Zahawi pledges to grow economy

U.S., allies urge suspension of Russia from sport federations

1 comment

Comments are closed.