The health ministry said on Wednesday that three unrelated cases of meningitis in babies and children have been recorded but are not connected to a fatality that occurred last week.
All three were responding well to treatment, a written statement said.
The ministry said the three cases were not associated nor “are they connected with last week’s incident.”
All three cases received the appropriate treatment and were in good general condition, improving on a daily basis, the ministry said.
“The health ministry is monitoring the situation closely and there is no cause for concern.”
A nine-month-old baby died from meningitis last week in a case that sparked controversy after two state pathologists refused to perform an autopsy citing the risk of contagion.