A fire caused by a short circuit caused extensive damage to the interior of a yacht harboured at Latsi, in Paphos, police said on Tuesday.
The fire was reported at around 6pm on Monday by a restaurant owner in the area.
It was put out by the fire service before it could spread to other vessels.
According to the Electromechanical Service, the fire started from a television set that was on stand by mode.
The yacht, Nastazia, is owned by a couple from the UK who libe in Cyprus.
According to police, the owner was working on the boat and left at around 5.45pm to pick up his wife. He returned to the boat at around 6pm.
The damage is estimated at around €15,000.
The Cyprus News Agency said the boat originally belonged to former foreign minister Alecos Michaelides. It was sold to the couple before his death in 2008.