Cyprus Mail
Main

Man remanded after daughter says he assaulted her

A 42-year-old man was remanded for six days by the Paphos District court on Saturday after his 13-year-old daughter confirmed a social worker’s allegation that he had been sexually molesting her.

In a recorded statement taken by police on Friday, the 13-year-old confirmed the social worker’s claim, stating that since January 2015 her father had regularly assaulted her.

The 42-year-old man was arrested and detained on Friday afternoon.

According to the girl’s statement, following the alleged assaults, her father threatened her to not reveal them to anyone.

In court on Saturday, the suspect denied any involvement.

Related Posts

Liverpool title win ‘not likely but possible’, says Klopp

Israel says Iran working on advanced centrifuges at new underground sites

US joins 55 nations to set new global rules for the internet

Reuters News Service

Coronavirus: Review of eligibility for free testing, Saturday sites

Press Release

Teenager driving under drug influence crashed into police car

Gina Agapiou

Russia demands Mariupol surrender, Pope Francis laments ‘Easter of War’

Reuters News Service

2 comments

Comments are closed.