Cyprus Mail
News in Brief

Dog poisoned at kids play area

A DOG owner has reported to police that her dog was killed after eating pasta laced with poison which was left at a children’s play area in Achelia village in Paphos.

The British permanent resident said that the incident had been reported to Paphos police and alleges that a package containing poison was spotted at a neighbouring establishment. She said she is concerned for the safety of children playing in the area.

The resident said that poison was stuffed into pasta and scattered around the park, close to the children’s swings.

Paphos police confirmed that they are investigating the case, but would make no further comment.

The owners of the establishment have denied any involvement in the incident, and as dog owners themselves, say they haven’t any reason to put down poison in the nearby park, they told the Cyprus Mail.


Related posts

Beer consumption up in July

Staff Reporter

Police crack down on child pornography

Elias Hazou

Reported missing since Wednesday

Evie Andreou

Worker in serious condition after fall from roof

Evie Andreou

Pair arrested for harassing ‘foster mum’ of stray dogs

Staff Reporter

Arrest over phone theft

Andria Kades

31 comments

Comments are closed.