Cyprus Mail
Main

Dog poisoned at kids play area

A DOG owner has reported to police that her dog was killed after eating pasta laced with poison which was left at a children’s play area in Achelia village in Paphos.

The British permanent resident said that the incident had been reported to Paphos police and alleges that a package containing poison was spotted at a neighbouring establishment. She said she is concerned for the safety of children playing in the area.

The resident said that poison was stuffed into pasta and scattered around the park, close to the children’s swings.

Paphos police confirmed that they are investigating the case, but would make no further comment.

The owners of the establishment have denied any involvement in the incident, and as dog owners themselves, say they haven’t any reason to put down poison in the nearby park, they told the Cyprus Mail.

Related Posts

Calling time on farm caged animals

CM Guest Columnist

UK manufacturers plan biggest price rises since 1977

Reuters News Service

Green transition slowed by economic and social barriers, not technology

Reuters News Service

House committee sounds alarm over higher port fees

Jonathan Shkurko

50 years of service for 84 Sqn in Cyprus (photos)

Staff Reporter

US Reps Billirakis, Malliotakis slam Biden’s stand on EastMed

Source: Cyprus News Agency

31 comments

Comments are closed.