Customs said on Friday they had seized over 12 kilos of tobacco and 315 boxes of 200 and 14 packages of 20 pieces from a house in Nicosia. The haul was worth nearly €14,000 in lost taxes.
The haul included the following;
- 21 X 50g OLD HOLBORN
- 127 X 50g GOLDEN VIRGINIA
- 90 X 50g SAMSON
- 131 cartons each with 200 cigarettes VICTORY
- 52 cartons each with 200 cigarettes RAQUEL SLIMS
- 35 cartons each with 200 cigarettes GAULOISE BLONDES
- 5 cartons each with 200 cigarettes CORSAIR RED
- 6 packs of 20 cigarettes CORSAIR RED
- 92 cartons each with 200 cigarettes AMERICAN LEGEND
- 8 packs each with 20 cigarettes AMERICAN LEGEND
Both cigarettes and tobacco were not legally purchased, customs said. The health warning signs were in Greek. The owner of the stash was taken to court in Nicosia and remanded for two days, customs said.