A 40-year-old from Nicosia has been referred to a trial before the Criminal Court in connection with raping his underage daughter, it emerged on Wednesday.
The man faces 23 charges including rape, incest, and sexual abuse of a minor.
The case was reported to police by the daughter, 16, last week. The alleged offences had taken place over the past four years.
Reports said the man has another daughter, 12. He had been abandoned by his wife because he was abusing her.
The teenager went to police at 2am and told officers that she did not want the same to happen to her sister.
The suspect has admitted to his crimes, reports said.
The trial will start on September 23. The suspect will remain in custody until then.