Cyprus Mail
Crime

Man injured in March brawl dies in Limassol

Limassol General Hospital

A 50-year-old man badly injured during a brawl in Limassol in March has died, police said on Tuesday.

The man, a foreign national, was being treated at Limassol hospital for head injuries.

Four suspects were arrested at the time and charged with attempted manslaughter.

They have been in prison since, awaiting trial, which had been scheduled for September 24.

However, Limassol CID chief Ioannis Soteriades said the charges would now be amended to manslaughter.

Police will withdraw the case and file a new one, Soteriades told the Cyprus Mail.

The incident happened at 1.40am on March 15. The victim was at a night club with five other compatriots when they got into a fight with a group of other foreign nationals.

The brawl continued outside where the 50-year-old suffered injuries to the head and the abdomen.

The rest of the individuals abandoned the scene.



Related posts

Ryanair launches seat sale to mark resumption of flights

Annette Chrysostomou

Coronavirus: Average age of patients in Cyprus 44.5

Coronavirus: UK to be moved into category B countries from August 1

George Psyllides

€6 million contract signed for Germasoyia bypass

Tax department launches digital portal

Andria Kades

Why recycling is everyone’s responsibility

.

3 comments

Comments are closed.