Cyprus Mail
CyprusCyprus Talks

New findings at second mass grave

Officials from the Committee for Missing Persons searching for remains

New findings have been discovered at a second mass grave in the occupied village of Trachonas, the Greek Cypriot member at the Committee on missing persons (CMP) Nestoras Nestoros said on Tuesday.

Speaking on Sigma TV, Nestoros said they have located the right point in the area where mass graves lie.

He said the team is optimistic for the continuation of their programme to be able to give answers to the families of missing persons.

Excavation works in Trachonas on the second grave, about 70 metres away from the point where human remains belonging to 20 people were recently found, began last month.

The Turkish Cypriot side has reportedly been asked to submit information on a third point.

Related Posts

Cyprus defence minister calls for stronger US naval presence in the Mediterranean during Economist conference

Sarah Ktisti

British tourist found unconscious in Paphos hotel pool

Sarah Ktisti

Zenobia diver taken to hospital for pulmonary edema following rescue

Sarah Ktisti

Gambling found to be popular with Cypriot women, national betting survey says

Sarah Ktisti

Undersecretary to president stable after emergency heart surgery

Sarah Ktisti

Potato farmers issue cry for help as costs continue to rise

Andrea Charalambous

1 comment

Comments are closed.