Cyprus Mail
Main

Car fire in McDonald’s drive-through

A family at a McDonald’s drive-through restaurant in central Limassol found itself in serious danger after a fire broke out in their car engine on Friday night, a Fire Service statement said on Saturday.
According to the statement, the incident was reported to the Fire Service at 7:06pm, and three fire engines responded, putting the fire under control 10 minutes later.
The family – two parents and two children – were able to exit the vehicle before the fire engines arrived, assisted by a McDonald’s employee.
The fire was found to have been caused by a gasoline leak in the engine.
Meanwhile, the Fire Service announced that between 6am on Friday and 6am on Saturday, it responded to 17 calls for fires and 19 other reports.
Of the non-fire related calls, six were from the Paphos district and were requests for assistance due to Friday’s adverse weather conditions in the region.

Related Posts

Christmas trees on sale from forestry department

Antigoni Pitta

Varosha pop video causes a stir

Nick Theodoulou

Limassol buses are on time 

CM Reader's View

Woman caught driving over limit, man under influence of drugs (Updated)

Gina Agapiou

Pique keeps Barcelona hopes alive in Champions League

Reuters News Service

Fire service fights blaze at scrap metal factory (update 3)

Gina Agapiou

3 comments

Comments are closed.