Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Bomb threat for Limassol port (Updated)

NO sign of an explosive device was detected at Limassol port, police said on Monday after a bomb threat call was made earlier in the day.
Police spokesman Andreas Angelides told the Cyprus News Agency (CNA) that members of the police, port and marine police and the bomb squad, with the help of trained dogs, scoured the grounds of the port but no explosive device was detected. The phone call was made at about 9.30am to transport police by someone who spoke broken English, police said.
As regards the caller, Angelides said, investigations are being carried out by the Limassol CID.
The call comes at a time when police and Justice Minister Ionas Nicolaou have upped security at airports and ports.

Related Posts

North asks for electricity as power station runs out of fuel

Antigoni Pitta

Ambassadors acknowledge dire situation after Pournara visit

Neophytou unveils 100-point plan to modernise Cyprus

Elias Hazou

Progress made on bill which would release €85m by EU

Elias Hazou

Travel chaos to subside soon says industry boss

Nick Theodoulou

Music inspired by Cyprus’ music and dialect

Eleni Philippou

9 comments

Comments are closed.