By Evie Andreou
Six suspects, alleged by the Nicosia bus company OSEL to be responsible for the attack last Friday against chairman Iordanis Iordanous and two employees, are to appear before court on December 11, the Cyprus Mail learned on Tuesday.
As regards complaints filed by OSEL shareholder Tasos Michaelides that his two sons and another person were attacked by the other side during the same incident, that case is too expected to reach the courts soon, sources said.
OSEL hit the headlines again last week when the police was called to investigate a violent incident at the company’s headquarters when around 10-12 former employees, who had been given a notice the previous day, went to ask the reasons for their dismissal.
Six of them, aged between 19 and 55, were reported to have attacked and injured Iordanous and two other employees. Iordanous who reportedly was hit by fire extinguisher and the two OSEL employees were transferred to the hospital.
Michaelides, who had escorted the laid-off staff to OSEL’s offices, said the other side attacked first. Police are investigating the separate complaints
He told the Cyprus Mail that as regards his refusal to run his buses earlier in the month citing mismanagement of funds by the company, there is a court case pending between him and OSEL, he said.
He added that the Arediou bus terminal remains shut and that OSEL turned down his offer to resume operations there. The company opened another terminal in Ergates.
Earlier in the month Michaelides blocked the Arediou terminal with buses while a member of his family dug a trench around a number of buses in the same area to prevent the company from retrieving them.
No one from the OSEL management was available to comment.