Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Young couple narrowly escape injury in apartment fire

A young couple narrowly escaped a burning tourist apartment on the road between Larnaca and Dhekelia on Saturday morning, the fire services said.

The blaze in third-floor tourist apartment was started when a wall socket overheated, authorities believe. The couple was asleep at the time but managed to awaken in time to call the fire services, which said they received the call around 11am.

The fire department deployed three trucks from the Oroklini station managed to put out the blaze 20 minutes later.

Some €15,000 worth of damage was caused to the flat.

Related Posts

Diplomatic staff to hold 24-hour strike over appointment

Antigoni Pitta

Employment rate in third quarter of 2021 at 60.3 per cent

Source: Cyprus News Agency

Police arrest protester, as parent demonstrations continue

Antigoni Pitta

Health Commissioner warns of challenging winter, urges EU states to test more as some lag

Reuters News Service

Court case filed against doctor for fake vaccination certificates

George Psyllides

Police arrest burglary suspect

Jonathan Shkurko

5 comments

Comments are closed.