Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Young couple narrowly escape injury in apartment fire

A young couple narrowly escaped a burning tourist apartment on the road between Larnaca and Dhekelia on Saturday morning, the fire services said.

The blaze in third-floor tourist apartment was started when a wall socket overheated, authorities believe. The couple was asleep at the time but managed to awaken in time to call the fire services, which said they received the call around 11am.

The fire department deployed three trucks from the Oroklini station managed to put out the blaze 20 minutes later.

Some €15,000 worth of damage was caused to the flat.



Related posts

Coronavirus: 152 cases announced on Sunday (Updated)

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: financial ombudsman’s office closed for two days after case found

Andria Kades

Cypra employee investigation not hushed up, police tells Perdikis

Andria Kades

Remand for man who uploaded child porn video on social media

Andria Kades

UN envoy Lute expected in Cyprus on Sunday evening

Andria Kades

Coronavirus: Lots of fines, decrees but can you appeal?

Elias Hazou

5 comments

Comments are closed.