Cyprus Mail

Fires cause extensive damage to two homes

Two fires caused damage to homes on Sunday, while a third one badly damaged a brand new luxury car.

In Mazotos a fire caused damage worth more than €5000 on Sunday afternoon.

The blaze erupted in the kitchen of a two-storey house around 3.40pm and was brought under control by 4.10pm. Kitchen equipment and the walls of the house were damaged by the fire which started because a pan was left on a lit gas cooker.

Another fire damaged a home in Kantou in the Limassol district on Sunday evening. It broke out at 8pm and lasted for about 40 minutes.

The blaze destroyed various personal items in the loft of the house. Fire services found that it was due to the faulty construction of a chimney fireplace.

The damage was estimated to be in excess of €20,000.

Around 8.10pm the fire services were alerted to a fire in the parking place of Alphamega supermarket in Limassol’s Ayia Kapsalos Street. A brand new BMW525 was badly damaged before the fire was extinguished.

Related posts

Coronavirus: 181 new cases, no deaths on Tuesday

Antigoni Pitta

Coronavirus: Updated rules on positive cases and contacts

Anna Savva

Bill extending maternity leave to be swiftly sent to vote

Anna Savva

A beach party to say goodbye to the summer

Eleni Philippou

Hope for decision on ferry to Greece early next year

Elias Hazou

Moving to digital practices at House to be speeded up

Anna Savva


Comments are closed.