Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Foul play ruled out in injury to Russian tourist

Police on Monday ruled out any criminal activity in the injury of a Russian tourist found unconscious in his hotel room in Kato Paphos over the weekend.

On Saturday, the 57-year-old man was found unconscious on the floor by a hotel employee. Taken to Paphos general hospital, the severity of the situation meant he was transferred to Nicosia general hospital for surgery.

Officers were investigating a witness who claimed a man had been seen leaving the Russian tourist’s room through the window and were assessing whether he fell and hit his head or was attacked.

Following an examination by a forensic pathologist, police said they ruled out any criminal activity, saying it appeared the tourist had been drinking and had fallen. They also ruled out the scenario of someone being in his room.

The 57-year-old had arrived in Cyprus on January 1 on holiday and was due to leave on January 16.



Related posts

Paphos municipal pool reopens in time for summer

Bejay Browne

Our View: Government sending out mixed messages on social distancing

CM: Our View

Coronavirus: EU needs to coordinate over measures says minister

Peter Michael

Work of CMP being hampered by decisions in north over checkpoints

Peter Michael

Couple arrested after child shows signs of abuse (update 2)

George Psyllides

Activists call for measures in north after turtles found dead

Evie Andreou

14 comments

Comments are closed.