Cyprus Mail
Business Cyprus

Ministry receives 14 bids for Limassol port

Following a successful round of due diligence and two rounds of consultations with the pre-qualified bidders, the Ministry of Transport said on Wednesday it has received 14 bids for the commercialisation of the Limassol Port.

Six proposals were received for the Container Terminal, three for the Marine Services and five for the Multipurpose Terminal, the ministry said.

The commercialization project now enters its next phase of detailed review and evaluation of the submissions, which is expected to take a few weeks.

Announcements will be made following the selection of the preferred bidder. Until then, no further announcements should be expected.

“We are very satisfied both by the number of participants and the quality of operators that submitted bids,” transport ministry permanent secretary Alecos Michaelides said. “They are financially sound companies, internationally recognized for their experience in operating similar terminals and services. Our vision is to transform the Limassol Port into a gateway to development for the future”.

The plan is to have the preferred bidders before the end of the first quarter, 2016, in line with the process so far, and to pursue thereafter final approval of parliament and the signing of the agreement.

 

Related Posts

Rights concerns over new pandemic bill

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: One death, 535 cases reported on Saturday

George Psyllides

Hundreds march to protest government plans for Akamas

George Psyllides

Coronavirus: Parents block roundabout in measures protest (updated)

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: Sunday’s free testing sites for eligible groups

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: Health minister assessing potential Omicron threat

Staff Reporter

24 comments

Comments are closed.