Cyprus Mail
Main

Chimney fires cause damage to restaurant, home in Paphos

Two fires in Paphos which were caused by the faulty construction and bad maintenance of chimneys caused damage of around €20,000 on Monday.

One of them, in a grill restaurant on Ellados Avenue, resulted in losses in the region of  €15,000 before it was brought under control with the help of three fire trucks.

Members of the fire brigade administered oxygen to the owner who had respiratory problems. He was subsequently taken to a private clinic by a relative.

The other fire broke out in a private residence in the Moutallos area around noon. The damage from the fire was estimated at approximately €5,000.

Related Posts

Marlow Navigation

Paul Lambis

Iranian police call woman’s death in custody an ‘unfortunate incident’

Reuters News Service

Spurs’ players have to accept rotation – Conte

Reuters News Service

Explainer: Understanding Ethereum’s major ‘Merge’ upgrade

Reuters News Service

Russia requests ‘explanations’ from IAEA on Zaporizhzhia report

Reuters News Service

Rescue efforts underway as China earthquake toll rises to 65

Reuters News Service

2 comments

Comments are closed.