Cyprus Mail
CyprusHealth

Second death from H1N1 flu in north

A 38-year-old man has died in the occupied north from swine flu, Turkish Cypriot reports said on Tuesday.

He is the second victim of H1N1 in the north.

The man, who died on Sunday, was admitted to hospital last week with flu symptoms.

After exam results confirmed the suspicion that he carried the virus, the man was transferred to the hospital’s special unit dealing with H1N1.

His condition deteriorated however, and he died on Sunday.

The 38-year-old’s death follows that of a 52-year-old woman who died late in January.

In the government-controlled areas, a health ministry spokesman said there was no cause for concern.

Also referred to as swine flu, H1N1 caused a global pandemic in 2009. It is currently a regular flu virus that circulates worldwide.

Related Posts

Government response to ‘spy van’ affair is ‘unsatisfactory’

Elias Hazou

Huge bill discrepancies forces EAC to issue advice to consumers (Updated)

Jonathan Shkurko

Police rescue girl aged 8 whose inflatable boat was swept out to sea

Elias Hazou

‘Phantom candidate’ Christodoulides ducks out of TV debates, accused of ‘hiding’ (Updated)

Elias Hazou

Defence minister in Israel to discuss bilateral relations

Dali does not want to be held hostage to row over asphalt plants

Anna Savva

24 comments

Comments are closed.