A British couple living in Cyprus was found dead on Tuesday morning in their Paralimni flat but police do not suspect foul play.
Police believe the 59-year-old man, and his wife, 56, died as a result of a gas leak from an apparently faulty heater.
The pair were found unconscious by the police in their living room. They had been alerted by the woman’s workplace when she failed to show up and they could not reach her.
Upon entry to the apartment, there was intense smell of gas, reports said, which led authorities to believe that the couple might have died as a result of a leak.
The electromechanical service took the heater to examine whether it was faulty.
Famagusta police spokesman George Economou, ruled out foul play.
The man was reportedly a construction worker, while the woman worked as a secretary at private school in the area.
A post mortem is scheduled for Wednesday by state pathologist Sophclis Sophocleous.