A couple aged 62 and 69 from the Limassol village of Dierona, and their domestic worker were hospitalised with serious burns, and suffering from smoke inhalation, after a gas explosion at their home, police said on Sunday night.
The three were initially transferred to Limassol General Hospital and then taken to Nicosia for treatment in the burns unit at the General Hospital.
According to doctors, police said, both the 62-year-old man and the 69-year-old woman are in very serious condition while the domestic worker is also in serious condition but out of danger.
According to the fire services earlier on Sunday, they received a call at around 7.45am, that there had been a explosion when someone had gone to light the gas stove. Investigators suspect a leak, which was being investigated.
The fire was extinguished at around 8.30am after causing around 1,000 euros worth of damage to the home.