Two wooden prefabricated storage facilities near Filousa in the Paphos district owned by a 36-year old man were destroyed by fire on Friday night.
The damage is estimated at around €20,000. According to police reports, the fire was caused by a petrol heater which the owner had left lit in one of the two units. When the fire broke out, the 36-year old was not present. The fire reportedly spread rapidly, burning both units. To put out the fire, two trucks from the Polis Chrysochous fire service were used.