Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Man sustains burns after gas leak

A 60-year-old man suffered extensive burns on Monday after he tried to light a cigarette in his Nicosia home where there had been a gas leak.

He was transferred to Nicosia general hospital shortly after 10am when the fire services were notified there was a fire raging at a house in Strovolos.

Three fire trucks were deployed which managed to put out the flames in about half an hour.

Initial investigations concluded the man had tried to light a cigarette in an area of the home where there had been a gas leak.

Related Posts

Eyes up on Sunday night: Jupiter moves in close

Nikolaos Prakas

Fire in Mesogi extensively damages home, affected three other houses

Staff Reporter

Solidarity protest for Iranians outside embassy in Nicosia

Jean Christou

‘The crossings may be open but Cyprus is still a divided island’

Melissa Hekkers

Small tremor felt in Limassol

Staff Reporter

Walk-in vaccination centres open on Monday for 3rd and 4th doses

Staff Reporter

2 comments

Comments are closed.