Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Fire destroys interior of Limassol home

A fire caused by a saucepan forgotten on a lit stove destroyed the interior of a home in Limassol, the fire service said on Thursday.

No one was injured in the incident.

The service had been notified at 6.43am of the fire at a home on Idipodos Street. It was put under control around 30 minutes later.

Authorities said the blaze destroyed everything inside the home, as well as objects in the yard. The owner managed to get out of the house without suffering any injuries.

The damage was estimated at €50,000.

The fire service said the cause was a cooking utensil forgotten on a lit stove.

 



Related posts

Coronavirus: Cyprus has tested 12 per cent of the population (Updated)

Nick Theodoulou

Coronavirus: GC man finally laid to rest in native Ayia Triada 20 days after passing

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: boats allowed back in business, horse racing too but no spectators   

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: two new cases, ‘particularly optimistic’ picture, experts say (Updated)

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: doctors told closely monitor use of chloroquine for Covid if patients have heart issues

Evie Andreou

Man jailed for grievous bodily harm

Jonathan Shkurko