Cyprus Mail
Main

Charging tablet sets hotel room on fire

A hotel room in Protaras was damaged by fire on Monday after a tablet, which was placed on a bed, caught fire while it was charging.

The fire service said they received a call at around 7.05pm that fire broke out at the “Constantinos the Great” hotel in Protaras.

The fire, which was in a room on the first floor of the hotel was put out some 20 minutes later. The blaze had spread from the tablet to the mattress.

The furniture and walls of the hotel room, and part of the hallway were damaged from the smoke, and the water used by firefighters.

Related Posts

Tender launched for new bus shelters

Anna Savva

Analysis: Jumping on EV wagon represents risky ride for tech pioneer Sony

George Hadjichristophi

ECB’s Lane says high energy prices a major concern

Reuters News Service

Our View: Neophytou has put Christodoulides on the spot

CM: Our View

Melco Cyprus community charity drives bring festive joy

Press Release

Paphos hit-and-run suspect remanded in custody

George Psyllides

5 comments

Comments are closed.