Three girls who were apparently trying to cook, set their house in Nisou on fire causing thousands of euros in damage.
No one was injured during the incident, which happened at around 1.45pm on Wednesday.
The fire service scrambled three engines to the scene and managed to put out the blaze at around 2.30pm.
A fire service spokesman told the Cyprus Mail that the three girls, aged 3, 7, and 12, were outside when the fire fighters arrive at the scene.
It is believed that the fire started from a saucepan filled with cooking oil that was forgotten on a lit stove.
The blaze destroyed the kitchen while the smoke affected other parts of the house. The damage was estimated at €10,000.