Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Fire damages Nisou home

File Photo

Three girls who were apparently trying to cook, set their house in Nisou on fire causing thousands of euros in damage.

No one was injured during the incident, which happened at around 1.45pm on Wednesday.

The fire service scrambled three engines to the scene and managed to put out the blaze at around 2.30pm.

A fire service spokesman told the Cyprus Mail that the three girls, aged 3, 7, and 12, were outside when the fire fighters arrive at the scene.

It is believed that the fire started from a saucepan filled with cooking oil that was forgotten on a lit stove.

The blaze destroyed the kitchen while the smoke affected other parts of the house. The damage was estimated at €10,000.



Related posts

Paphos rallies to find suitable blood donor match for young woman with leukemia

Bejay Browne

Audit boss says authorities should have looked harder into citizenship applicants (updated)

George Psyllides

Coronavirus: ‘no need to suspend football league’ for now

Jonathan Shkurko

Municipal workers strike over delay in reforms

Annette Chrysostomou

Auditor-general being sued by ousted former commissioner

George Psyllides

New roadworks around the capital (Updated)

Staff Reporter

4 comments

Comments are closed.