Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Oroklini attacker’s sentence hearing moved to August 24

Larnaca court

A 35-year-old man who pleaded guilty to the stabbing of three people in a Larnaca club and setting fire to a pub in Oroklini had his sentence hearing moved to August 24.

Larnaca district court found the man guilty of causing actual bodily harm, carrying a knife, malicious damage and arson, crimes all committed in the early hours of July 26.

Police were called to a night club in Larnaca on the night in question, following reports of three people having been injured.

On arriving at the scene, it transpired the man had pulled a knife on the owner of the club and two others, and stabbed them. A foldable knife was found on the premises and taken as evidence.

Later at around 3.40am, a fire was set maliciously at a pub in Oroklini causing damage to the front of the premises. Eyewitness saw the man’s van leaving the scene. He had been thrown out of the establishment earlier after causing problems.

A little later police received a report he had returned to the club and deliberately and illegally rammed his van into the window of the place. Larnaca CID went back to the scene and discovered the vehicle on the pavement.

The man then made his way on foot to the police station, handed himself in, made a voluntary statement originally only admitting to the offences of arson and malicious damage.

He was ordered to be held at Nicosia Central Prisons until sentencing.

 

 


Related posts

Fiscal Council highlights dangers of over-reliance on construction sector

Elias Hazou

Cyprus still falling short on road safety minister warns

Annette Chrysostomou

Demonstration to support Kurds to be held at Ledra Palace

Staff Reporter

‘Shameful’ Limassol cycle path will be corrected says municipality

Peter Michael

Data protection fears raised over push to name ‘golden visa’ applicants

Elias Hazou

Akinci hits back at Erdogan, says comments on Syria were distorted

Jean Christou

1 comment

Comments are closed.