Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Paphos man admits indecent assault on girl aged six

Paphos court

A 36-year-old Paphos man admitted a charge of indecently assaulting a girl, 6, but asked for more time to answer a sexual abuse charge, it emerged on Friday.

The suspect, who was arrested in October, appeared before the Criminal Court on Friday to be formally charged.

He pleaded guilty to the first charge of indecent assault but was given until January 12 to decide what plea to enter on the sexual abuse charge.

The proceedings took place behind closed doors.

The man was arrested after the girl told her parents what he had allegedly done.

At the time, the girl was at the home of the suspect’s parents with her au pair. She told her family that she had been persuaded into following the suspect in a room where she was abused.

Related Posts

Nicosia study to ensure urban mobility plan is fit for purpose

Nick Theodoulou

North’s Famagusta area rezoning plan stalled but building continues

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: One death, 706 new infections (Updated)

Nick Theodoulou

Female MPs denounce glass ceiling in senior appointments

Elias Hazou

Five lesbians eating a quiche in theatres

Eleni Philippou

Pilides holds gas talks in Houston

Kyriacos Nicolaou

5 comments

Comments are closed.