The Cyprus Rally CNP ASFALISTIKI Super Special Stage will take place on Saturday, June 17 on roads in central Nicosia. The stage will be conducted twice: at 11:27 in the morning and again at 16:59 in the afternoon.
This year’s stage has been shortened to avoid the closing of central avenues which in the past has caused traffic congestion and outrage and inconvenience to members of the public who are not rally fans.
The stage’s epicentre will be the Markos Drakos round about next to Paphos Gate and the following roads will be temporarily closed.
• Rigenis Stress – from the junction with Arsinois Street all the way up to the Markos Drakos roundabout next to the Paphos Gate
• Egyptou (Egypt) Street – from the Lloyd George until the Markos Drakos roundabout by the Paphos Gate
• Museum Street – from the junction with Nehru Street until the Markos Drakos roundabout next to Paphos Gate
• Kinyras Street – from the junction at the Pedieos bridge until the Markos Drakos roundabout next to the Paphos Gate
• Markos Drakos Street
• Charalmbos Mouskos Street – up to the junction with Kinyras sreet
• Kostis Palama Street (one lane)
• One lane of Gregoris Afxentiou Street
• Chilonos Street – in the direction towards the Museum Street traffic lights
Spectators are advised to go to the area earlier and to use the adjacent parking areas. Entry this year is free, but there will be no tiered stands so a good vantage point will be on a “first come first served” basis.
The police and numerous safety marshals will be on site to direct people to approved parking areas and safe spectator points.
For more information, call Rally headquarters on 22313233 or 97676960 or go to www.cyprusrally.com.cy