Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Child treated after eating rat poison at kindergarten  

A young girl was treated at Famagusta general hospital for consuming rat poison scattered across the kindergarten she went to, Akel MP Skevi Koukouma charged on Friday.

In a statement, the MP said she had received a complaint from a mother, who claimed that when she picked up her daughter from kindergarten, she found a blue tablet in her mouth, part of which she had already consumed.

Concerned, she took her child to the hospital where she was told it was rat poison.

“This is a tragic and dangerous case of irresponsibility, an unacceptable lack of responsibility,” Koukouma said.

Such substances should not be placed anywhere in or around a kindergarten, she added.

“We hope this is an isolated incident and measures are taken so this is not repeated.”

State services such as the labour ministry –under whose responsibility the kindergarten lies, and the agriculture ministry which is responsible for fighting rats must take action and initiatives for inspections, Koukouma said.

Related Posts

President’s father in law dies, aged 98

Katy Turner

Minister says Akamas plan holistic, recognises realities on the ground

Katy Turner

Coronavirus: The mystery of this year’s excess deaths

Theo Panayides

Coronavirus: Testing sites for eligible groups on Monday

Katy Turner

Tatar says Greek Cypriots trying to destroy economy in the north

Katy Turner

Problem spots in the garden

CM Guest Columnist

7 comments

Comments are closed.