Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

No information so far that Cypriots among Barcelona victims

A still image from video shows a police cordon on a street in Barcelona

There is no information so far about Cypriots being among the victims of the apparent terrorist attack in Barcelona, the foreign ministry said on Thursday.

In a written statement, the ministry said it was monitoring the situation closely in coordination with the republic’s embassy in Spain and the Spanish authorities.

“So far there is no information that any Cypriot citizens were among the victims,” the ministry said. Cybc said there were estimated to be around 200 Cypriots currently in the Spanish city on group tours, all of whom were reportedly okay.

The ministry said any Cypriots affected by the incident could contact the embassy

at Paseo de la Castellana 45, 4ª y 5ª planta, Izda, 28046 Madrid, between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, or call: +34915783114 or mobile +34687753399, fax: +34915782189, email: [email protected] or www.mfa.gov.cy/embassymadrid

People can also contact the island’s honorary consul, Andres Candomeque Echave-Susteaeta on +34934140685 or mobile +61965719, email: [email protected]

For emergencies people can also contact the duty officer in Nicosia on +35799660129 ,[email protected] or the crisis management section on +35722801000+35797775998 or [email protected]

 



Related posts

No matter how many tests we perform, the virus will keep spreading

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: 101 cases recorded on Sunday

Katy Turner

Armenians hold protest over Nagorno-Karabakh situation

Katy Turner

Gardens of the Future one step closer to reality

Annette Chrysostomou

Polis Chrysochous parents associations again call for children to stay home

Katy Turner

FinMin to present state budget to MPs on Monday

2 comments

Comments are closed.