Cabinet on Wednesday approved a state prosecutor tasked to investigate disciplinary offences over the exam debacle last week which saw material for five exams for government teacher appointments posted online shortly before the examination.
Education Minister Costas Kadis, had said an internal probe found the blunder was due to impulsive actions by one official and omissions of others.
“An investigator has been appointed, who is a state prosecutor, and will investigate disciplinary offences,” Kadis said after the cabinet session.
Meanwhile, the auditor general is also preparing a report into the exam system, set to be ready by Thursday.
It will also be delivered to Attorney-General Costas Clerides, who said it would give him a well rounded overview of the facts.