Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Children save their mother from fire

A woman who caught fire while trying to remove faulty heaters that had started a fire in their flat was saved on Sunday afternoon by her children.

According to the fire service at 4.33 on Sunday afternoon they received a call about a fire on the second floor of a three story building in a refugee housing estate in Strovolos.

Two fire engines were dispatched to the scene and the fire was brought under control by 4.54pm. The fire had been caused by faulty oil heaters.

According to the fire service in her efforts to remove the heaters from the room to the balcony, the owner of the flat’s clothes caught fire.

When the firemen arrived at the flat, the woman’s four children were there who helped put out the fire that was burning her clothes.

The woman was then taken to Nicosia general hospital by ambulance.

The fire damaged the balcony and the living room where the heaters had been.

Related posts

Guterres: the people of Cyprus deserve to know that this time it is different (Updated)

Source: Cyprus News Agency

Linguist casts doubt on rape retraction statement

Nathan Morley

Christmas benefits for low-income families, elderly and students

Nick Theodoulou

Businesses urged to cut down on plastic cups as part of week-long campaign

Court upholds ‘forced retirement’ of prison official blamed for letting ‘Al Capone’ escape  

Evie Andreou

Frappe and croissant please, I need to smuggle some drugs

Nick Theodoulou

2 comments

Comments are closed.