Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Girl electrocuted after touching power cable

File photo

The electricity authority said Wednesday it was investigating the circumstances in which a six-year-old girl was electrocuted in Paphos after touching a cable hanging from a pole.

The girl was not seriously injured but she was kept in hospital overnight as a precaution. The incident happened on Tuesday in Chlorakas after the girl touched a cable hanging from a pole near her house.

Reports suggested the cable had not been isolated properly.

An EAC spokesperson said an investigation has been launched into the incident.

Related posts

High rents reportedly driving uni students to live in the north

Evie Andreou

50 people held in Menoyia detention centre stage hunger strike

Evie Andreou

Police believe smashed crime ring after hotel thefts

Lizzy Ioannidou

Greece and Cyprus to work together on irregular migrants

CNA News Service

No vessels helping Turkish drill ships have docked in Limassol

Staff Reporter

Antiquities department, Church to co-operate over new high rise

Bejay Browne

11 comments

Comments are closed.