The electricity authority said Wednesday it was investigating the circumstances in which a six-year-old girl was electrocuted in Paphos after touching a cable hanging from a pole.
The girl was not seriously injured but she was kept in hospital overnight as a precaution. The incident happened on Tuesday in Chlorakas after the girl touched a cable hanging from a pole near her house.
Reports suggested the cable had not been isolated properly.
An EAC spokesperson said an investigation has been launched into the incident.