Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Toddler dies after choking on food

Photo: CNA

A 20-month-old boy died in Limassol on Friday evening after he apparently choked on his food while being fed by his mother, police said.

The incident happened at around 8.15pm in Erimi. The boy was being fed pureed food when he lost consciousness.

Efforts were made to resuscitate the child by people present, as well as the nurses who arrived with the ambulance but to no avail.

The toddler was rushed to the hospital where doctors also tried to revive him without, however, any result. He was eventually declared dead at 9.20pm.

A post-mortem is scheduled for Monday.



Related posts

Coronavirus: Black Friday gets extension as shops seek to redress trade fall

Jonathan Shkurko

More villages ask to be part of development plan

Nick Theodoulou

Okypy, nurses wrangle over staffing numbers

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: Crossings clarification means only Limnitis can use 72-hour old test

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: GPs slam ministry decision for them to monitor Covid patients

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: Two deaths, 252 new cases (updated)

Nick Theodoulou