Cyprus Mail

Boy critical after probably swallowing pesticide

A six-year-old boy was rushed to Makarios children’s hospital from Paphos on Wednesday in a comatose condition, believed to have been induced by pesticide he had swallowed.

Police said the child had been initially rushed to Paphos general hospital A&E where doctors decided to transfer him to Nicosia due to the severity of his condition.

Preliminary investigation of the incident and from what his parents said, led police to believe that the child had probably swallowed pesticide.

The investigation is ongoing.


Related posts

Citizens must pitch in for Cyprus settlement, Spehar says

Source: Cyprus News Agency

Cyprus in ‘historic’ bid to host group phase of Eurobasket 2025

Source: Cyprus News Agency

Coronavirus: No deaths, 106 new infections announced on Wednesday (updated)

George Psyllides

Police investigate €38,000 online fraud

George Psyllides

Anastasiades, Salih discuss Iraq’s participation in trilateral mechanism

Staff Reporter

Cyprus has highest share of working poor in EU who cannot afford heating

George Psyllides