Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Boy, 6, who ingested pesticide in better condition

By Doris Christodoulou

A six-year-old boy from Paphos who ingested pesticide last week is in better condition and has been taken off the respirator.

The boy, who was rushed to hospital in comatose condition is now communicating his surroundings.

The boy is said to have accidentally ingested pesticide which had been briefly left unattended by his mother who had prepared it for use in the garden last Wednesday.

The child was rushed to a private clinic in a comatose state after which he was transferred to Paphos general hospital where he had his stomach pumped.

Due to the severity of his condition, he was later transferred to the intensive care unit of the Makarios children’s hospital in Nicosia where he was intubated.

Related posts

Cyprus’ budget passes muster with EU

George Psyllides

Two arrests at Larnaca airport for importing controlled medicines

Staff Reporter

Rubbish and sewage piling up at Vati despite landfill closure

Annette Chrysostomou

Police involved after mother leaves Cyprus with children

Annette Chrysostomou

Three men arrested on suspicion of robbery

Staff Reporter

AG says won’t get involved in spy van case for now (updated)

George Psyllides