Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

650 drivers stopped on the phone

A Cyprus-wide campaign last week by police to clamp down on drivers using telephones at the wheel and generally driving without both hands on the wheel saw 651 people charged, the police announced on Wednesday.

The campaign from October 29 to November 4 saw them charged for driving without both hands on the wheel hands.

Driving without both hands on the wheel leads to a lack of concentration, police said. On an international level, a lack of concentration is one of the main causes of traffic accidents.



Related posts

‘Robust defence needed to block Turkey’s unilateral plans for Varosha’

Elias Hazou

€40m needed to upgrade Cyprus football stadiums

George Psyllides

Lawmakers drawing up new scheme for delayed social insurance payments

Elias Hazou

Have you seen this woman?

Staff Reporter

Akel accuses government of selectively leaking documents

Jean Christou

Akamas park to be realised by 2022 says President (updated)

Annette Chrysostomou