Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Couple airlifted to France after eating poisonous mushrooms

Nicosia general hospital

A couple who ate poisonous mushrooms were transferred to a medical clinic in France by the Cyprus state, reports said on Saturday.

The couple were being treated in Nicosia General’s intensive care unit prior to their transfer to a specialist unit in France, CyBC reported, as they had sustained kidney and liver failure.

According to CyBC, the man, 76, went to collect mushrooms from a friend’s field on Tuesday. He brought them home, and he and his wife cooked and ate them.

After they consumed the mushrooms, both felt nauseous and had sharp stomach pains.

Related Posts

Cyprus chosen to host regional technology centre

Kyriacos Nicolaou

Raising awareness of oral cancers

Iole Damaskinos

Man dies in police custody

Gina Agapiou

Athienou backs Paphos bishop

Andria Kades

Take Cyprus Christmas shopping online

Alix Norman

Mosquito spraying continues

Jonathan Shkurko