Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Man suffers burns trying to put out fire in his home

File photo

A home owner suffered serious burns on Sunday morning when a fire broke out in his home in the Laiki Lefkothea area of Limassol.

According to the fire brigade, the fire started when a container left near an oil heater set alight.

The fire brigade was called at 10.46 and responding with two fire engines out the fire out by 11.16.

The fire caused extensive damages to the kitchen, while smoke damaged items throughout the house.

The owner, who was home with hic children, tried to put out the fire, burning his hands and legs. He was given first aid by the firefighters until an ambulance arrived and took him to Limassol hospital.

A dog was later found to have died within the house.

Related Posts

Cases of impersonation or fake documents at airports on the rise

Jonathan Shkurko

Cyprus Business Now

Kyriacos Nicolaou

‘Bases will have to show will to allow development in Lysi, Kontea area’

Nikolaos Prakas

Mavroyiannis calls of ‘progressive change’ presenting campaign promises

Nikolaos Prakas

Reduction of pension penalties for those who retire at 63 being examined

Elias Hazou

Audit office says ‘absurd’ they leaked report

Elias Hazou