State broadcaster CyBC staff staged a 15-minute impromptu work stoppage at lunchtime Friday after the electrocution of a staff member the previous day.
Unions said a graphic designer was electrocuted and rushed to hospital while working in a newly renovated room.
It is understood that the employee was not in a life-threatening condition. It was said that the man’s life was saved by of the wooden floor.
Unions have asked their members to leave the room and remain outside until it had been inspected and cleared.
Unions said another serious incident, a window fall, had taken place in the same room a few months ago.