Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

CyBC staff stage strike over electrocution

State broadcaster CyBC staff staged a 15-minute impromptu work stoppage at lunchtime Friday after the electrocution of a staff member the previous day.

Unions said a graphic designer was electrocuted and rushed to hospital while working in a newly renovated room.

It is understood that the employee was not in a life-threatening condition. It was said that the man’s life was saved by of the wooden floor.

Unions have asked their members to leave the room and remain outside until it had been inspected and cleared.

Unions said another serious incident, a window fall, had taken place in the same room a few months ago.

 


Related posts

HIO staff ‘could get inpatient care through the state’ but want private coverage (Update)

Evie Andreou

Akinci insults and threats’ probe underway

Elias Hazou

Ministry sticks to ‘no comment’ in Cambodia investment for passport scheme

Evie Andreou

Court upholds demolition order for private Paphos chapel

Staff Reporter

Beware of road works

Gina Agapiou

AG investigating claims that a state attorney cleared ‘scandalous’ land-swap deal

George Psyllides