The flu-linked death toll has risen to nine after a man died on Monday, the health ministry has said.
The man, who had underlying health problems, had been in hospital since January 31.
Between December 1 to date, 53 serious flu cases have been recorded, nine of which concern patients who have died, the health ministry said in an announcement. Authorities said that these patients did not die of flu, but flu had exacerbated existing ailments.
Since the beginning of February, the ministry said, flu cases remain high but there has been a drop over the past 15 days compared with previous weeks.
The health ministry said that it is alert and is closely monitoring the situation.
It urged members of the public to take prevention measures such as avoiding crowded spaces, ventilate living areas, use handkerchiefs when sneezing, wash hands often, avoid smoking and keep children at home at least 48 hours after flu symptoms subside.
The flu vaccine remains however the best prevention measure, mainly for vulnerable groups, it said.